Friday, November 26, 2010
Revision Piece
For my revision piece I chose a piece of writing about how little moments can change your life. I chose this piece because it gave me a chance to write about something I know. I chose to write about how I met my best friend. We have only spent two weeks together in person. I roomed with her for a week my junior year at a camp at CMU and she quickly became my best friend. In my paper I told the story of little things that happened over that week, then about how we stayed in touch throughout the year and roomed together my senior year at the same camp. This paper was very easy to write because it wasn't something I had to research or really think about, it was just something I knew and it started out as a stream of consciousness piece and then I refined it to make it more readable. I think it turned out very well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is a really neat idea to write about. It must have been fun to remember that story and then be able to retell it in your own words! My paper is sort of going the same way, just telling the story and then changing it a little to make it fit to my audience.
ReplyDeleteI think that's the easiest way to write. When there's a designated number of pages and sources and blah blah blah, it gets boring and takes forever. But when it's a fun, simple piece like that it can be a lot easier to write.
ReplyDelete