Monday, September 27, 2010
Revisiting
Normally I have a hard time going back and revising my essays. However, as soon as I sat down with my essay almost a week later I realized revising it was going to be a breeze. I had made so many mistakes and left so much out of my original draft that I couldn't figure out what I had been thinking when I originally written it. Obviously I had had an off day. The help that I got from my peer editing group helped a lot to. There were a lot of comments made on my essay that I never would have though about, but after having them pointed out to me I could see where my essay could use improvement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is funny, because that is the way that I felt also. I really enjoy the peer editing groups as well. I think that they help so much. I have not had that experience before in a class. I find that getting the extra comments is super beneficial to me. Good luck with your essay!
ReplyDeleteI usually find it alot easier to revise my papers after some time. When I wait for a while and then read my paper I often find things that I normaly wouldent have found the first time through.
ReplyDeleteI have grown to love the peer editing groups. It is an experience that I have not been very involved with before. I find that they help more then I thought they could. Also, I have found that while going back and reading through some of there comments I find spots where I didn't mean what I wrote in a different section. It helps me go back with an open mind and not get stuck just re-reading what I wrote but look at each part separately and I tend to find more errors that way.
ReplyDelete