Monday, September 13, 2010
The Toast
At my sisters wedding I was lucky enough that she chose me as her maid of honor. I have looked up to my sister since I was very little. I was so excited that we had a special enough connection that I could share in her special day in such an important position. I have always loved writing so the toast was no big deal to me. I put it off until the last minute and just wrote exactly how I felt. Right before I gave my speech I read it for a couple close family members and brought them to tears over the phone. Then I had to read it for real. I will never forget the look on my family's face as I read my speech. Nor will I forget that when I finished my sister had tears pouring down her face. She is the only sister I have and I enjoy ever moment I spend with her. Sharing this information with her is something I had never done before and I was so glad that I could add that much more to her special day. This was definitely the proudest I had ever been of anything I had ever written and thinking back I would not change one word.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thats was real nice Emily! my sister and I are close. She is my only older sister that i have as well. My sister is still someone I look up to now. She has so much going for herself, and I just admire how much she has accomplished in her life. She gives me hope, and when i read your post it made me think and miss my sister.
ReplyDeleteEmily, that was a very nice little writing. It sounds like your sister is one of your best friends. I can't imagine how special that would have been. I have a younger brother that I am fairly close to. I just wish we were good friends like you and your sister. It seems like all of my friends and their siblings are very close so I feel like I am not treating my brother very well. Hopefully I can change this.
ReplyDelete