Monday, September 20, 2010

Reliability of Wikipedia

While writing an essay on the reliability of Wikipedia. I started having writers block. This is a new concept for me. Ordinarily, once I get an idea into my head I can write for long periods of time without stopping. However, last night I had to keep stopping mid sentence where I either had forgotten my words or just ran out of words to write. I finally struggled through my last paragraph though, finally finished. I printed my essay off, stapled it, put it in my folder, and feel into a deep sleep, where I continued to dream about my essay.

3 comments:

  1. Happens to me all the time. I'll usually get one good idea, write maybe a paragraph or two, then get completely stuck, and have to sit around for five or ten minutes trying to think of where to go next. I'd be a bit scared if I was dreaming about my essay though. That might turn in to more of a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Justin, the dreaming part would be a bit unsettling.

    Writers block is the worst. It's great that you powered through it though. Sometimes the best thing you can do, especially when drafting, is just to get your ideas down. You can always come back and improve or revise what you wrote but to overcome your sleepiness and get a working draft ready, congrats, it's tough to do sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone feels this way about writing at some point in time. Sometimes there is not enough information to write the essay on. Ive had the same dream experience about a situation that I was stressed about. When I was cleaning hotel rooms I had to get rooms clean within 15 min or less. I would dream about cleaning. Sometimes in life you just have to truck on through no matter how stressed you are. Good luck with your essay.

    ReplyDelete